A surreal adventure game about exploring strange places and puzzling out how to proceed.
Released: December 2017
Developed: November 2017 - December 2017
Team: Joseph Henry Stadolnik IV
Programming Language: Lua
My Role: Solo Developer
I made the entirety of this game by myself.
My achievements on this project included:
- Designing a series of five unique areas exploring different mechanics and ideas revolving around simple top-down 2D movement:
- Exploring a train station to find switches and hidden items.
- Navigating a looping desert using cues from a statue.
- Avoiding the gaze of giant eyes in a light stealth section.
- Following the guidance of shy wisps to step on tiles in a certain order.
- Navigating a four-part gauntlet to collect objects without touching obstacles.
- Drawing all visual assets using PICO-8's editor.
- Creating all audio assets using PICO-8's editor.
- This is a companion game to Messages, my eerie game about texting.
- There are hidden objects and character encounters which reveal more details in the ending and link NULL more clearly to Messages.