A DREAM'S COMMAND
A small RPG with a combat system where abilities are performed by playing simple minigames.
Released: July 2017
Developed: June 2017 - July 2017 (updated July 2019)
Team: Joseph Henry Stadolnik IV
Programming Language: Lua
My Role: Solo Developer
I made the entirety of this game by myself.
My achievements on this project included:
- Designing an interactive combat system where simple minigames are used to determine the effectiveness of attacks. Stronger skills feature harder minigames, creating a risk/reward system.
- Implementing three status conditions that affect the player in unique ways:
- Poison does damage over time.
- Dizzy has a chance to weaken your attacks.
- Panic makes all minigames faster and harder.
- Designing 13 enemies with different stats, resistances, status effects, and art.
- Drawing all visual assets using PICO-8's editor.
- Designing a smoothly kinetic UI from simple components.
- Creating all audio assets using PICO-8's editor.
"Free games of the week" (Rock Paper Shotgun 1/27/2018)